2015 Ram Warning Service Transmission Continue in D Do Not Shift or Turn Off Engine

  • #2

Random_Walk

1) take it to a dealership immediately, because the 2017 MY nose-to-tail warranties are starting to run out time-wise (and if you're over 36,000 miles on the odo, it will have already run-out.) You might get the dealer to look at it under the still-existing powertrain warranty, but I think it becomes a harder sell at that point, so time is of the essence here.

2) see #1, and don't delay on that. Do it today if you can. Do it the moment you get done reading this post.

  • #5

Hello all,
I have a 2017 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi with the 8 speed transmission and I am getting this error code while I am driving and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. It comes and goes so fast that I actually had to take a video to figure out what it says. I had this same problem last December and the dealership said they had it fixed, but now that we are back into the rainy season I am having the same thing pop up. The odd thing is I don't notice anything different with the drivability of the truck. Last year it finally lead to what I was told was a bad PCM connection and it took three trips back and forth to the dealer to get to that. The last time I took it in, the whole truck had went haywire; it wouldn't shift, wipers came on without being switched on, headlights turned off but foglights stayed on, and then when I parked I couldn't get the truck to start back up and it wouldn't release the key for about half an hour. Not sure if maybe these were separate issues or not. Any ideas would greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Kris

Think your truck needs a exorcism

  • #8

Hey kwix, how's you fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #9

Bmo2tj Why'd you have to replace transmission valve body?

  • #10

Kris,

I have gotten the same message twice now in my 2016 Ram 1500 Eco-diesel and I'm curious what ended up being your fix? It's frustrating because for 1 thing, I barely had time to read it and my stored messages shows none. I finally read the very alarming message all the way through the 2nd time and made an appt at the dealer on Mon but I'm already not happy with them because they're behind on 3 recall fixes for me because they don't have parts, and I think one is related to the tyranny EGR valve or something.

I've had several other codes come up lately all very random and different from each other. And this isn't the 1st set of issues I've had with my truck. I bought it used with 50k miles, it now has 75k which is nothing for a well-maintained diesel but it has had more problems than it should. This is the newest vehicle I've ever owned and I thought for the 1st time I wouldn't have to worry about costly repairs but it seems I was wrong. I love my truck but can't help wonder if I should have stuck with Ford or tried Chevy? When I called the dealer the gal asked if I had a Cherokee and said this is a problem with those but hasn't been with Ram.

Thankfully it hasn't refused to start or give me my key fob like some other posts I read but I'm getting afraid to drive it like I used to with my beaters, which should not be the case with a truck I paid $30k for! Sorry for the rant. Really just wanted to know what you found the problem to be?

leewasely.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/service-transmission-continue-in-d-do-not-shift-or-turn-engine-off.153631/

0 Response to "2015 Ram Warning Service Transmission Continue in D Do Not Shift or Turn Off Engine"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel